Here’s the deal: Get a Brand New Tohatsu Outboard Engine
Model To Choose From: MFS20E EPS (Short Shaft) / MFS20E EPL (Long Shaft)
Quick Specs: 20hp, Electric Start, Remote Control
Why not part exchange your old outboard for a nice shiny new one?
With Bill Higham Marine’s New Revolutionary part exchange deal you can!!
It’s this simple, hit buy it now and tell us the model you want,
then send us your old engine (or we can get it collected),
and as soon as it arrives we’ll send out your new
replacement Tohatsu outboard motor, all oiled up and ready to go!
OK you’ve got some questions first, we get that, here are some common Q&A’s:
Does it matter if my current engine has a fault? – NO
I can’t package my old engine! – NO problem,
we can send the new engine out first and you can use that packaging,
we’ll even take care of the return postage costs in some instances.
Does my current engine have to be the same as the one i’m buying – YES
it has to be the same or similar HP (if you aren’t sure then get in touch – we’re pretty flexible on this point to be honest!).
Shipping engines around the UK including taking part exchange is what we do,
we’ve been at it now since 1997 when we were the first UK company to offer mail order outboard engines,
so rest assured that we have this process dialed in, and we make it really easy for you.
Well what are you waiting for? get clicking!
Full 7-year Parts and Labour Warranty
We at Bill Higham Marine have been outboard engine specialists for 45 years and we are HERE in the UK
– just pick the phone up and speak to us we really know our stuff!
Boasting the honor of the lightest weight outboard in its class, Tohatsu’s newly designed MFS 20hp Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) is a great choice for a wide variety of boaters. Just because it is lighter in weight than our previous 20hp four stroke, doesn’t mean this model won’t deliver the same level of performance. This 20hp battery-less electronic fuel injection four stroke has exceptional torque and top end speed, with low vibration. We chose to build an EFI outboard because it has easy startup with no choke required and smooth, crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges. Another added benefit of an EFI versus our previous carbureted outboard is the fuel efficiency at wide open throttle, which allows you to go up to 50% farther on less fuel.
Also available on many models is the Power Tilt feature. The 20 hp Power Tilt is ideal for inflatable, fishing, and pontoon boats. The uniquely designed engine improves functionality and convenience with its light power tilt and transom bracket. Now you can tilt your motor out of the water with just the push of a button. Simplify your boating experience with a power tilt model. Try our new 20hp EFI for the ultimate boating experience because you don’t deserve anything less.
Tohatsu 20 hp EFI 4-Stroke Benefits
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport” development and design concept
- Simpliq™ Technology – the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Available in a wide variety of models; Remote/Power Tilt models now available in both Aqua Marine Blue (MFS20E) and Beluga White (MFS20EW)
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into shallow drive because we’ve moved heavy components forward
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging*
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- Remote control model available
- Shallow water drive*
- 90 degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line (tiller models)
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||2|
|Output||20 hp (14.7 kw)|
|Displacement||333 cc (20.32 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||61 x 57 mm (2.40 x 2.24 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward – Neutral – Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6″ – 10″|
|Transom Height||15″, 20″|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||1.07 qt. (1 L)|
|Fuel Tank||3.1 US Gal. (12 Lit) Separate Fuel Tank (Tiller models)|
|Weight*||94.7 lbs. (43 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 145W, 12A (Standard on Electric Start Models)|
|Max. RPM Range||5,400 – 6,100|
|Digital ECU Controlled Ignition System||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Shallow Water Drive||Standard|
WHY BUY FROM US:
Bill Higham Marine don’t sell the cheapest engines on eBay, if you want a bit of a bargain then there are plenty
on here – “sold as seen” “no comebacks” “parts only” etc. we are not in that kind of business,
what we sell is quality used engines, which have been checked and re-checked to make sure that
every part is in good working order and ready to give years of great service.
This promise is ALWAYS backed by us with a robust, no quibble warranty
if things go wrong – you will be pleased you bought from Bill Higham Marine!
So if that’s the kind of service you require then well done, you found us!
Bill Higham Marine is a warm family run business, we’ve been here for 45 years now and we are very
proud of our solid reputation for delivering a quality product to our valued customers at the right price.
Our two branches – in Manchester run by Bill Higham, for all your spare parts and used outboard needs,
and our new North Wales branch run by Simon Higham
for new and used outboard sales, inflatable boat sales center
and engine spares and repairs, we are ready to help.
Our advice is free and impartial – something refreshing in the marine industry!
So if we don?t have exactly the right engine, inflatable boat, or part of your application, we’ll tell you so.
But with over 200 outboards always in stock and over 100 inflatables in stock at any one time,
we are sure to be able to steer you towards the right decision for you and your application.
We are proud of our broad customer base who keep returning time after time, we have much repeat business
These guys depend on their outboards for their livelihoods and lives, they trust us and so should you.
PayPal or credit card payment is required within 5 days of purchase.
For payment by card please call us with your card details and we will process the payment.
All carriage costs shown on items over 3 kg are based on UK mainland only.
If your delivery address is above Glasgow through to Edinburgh, in the Scottish Highlands/Islands
and any other UK destinations such as IOW, IOM, CI, NI Eire, Scilly Isles, you will need to be quoted for
BEFORE YOU BID/BUY for any items, in case of any additional charges.
Positive feedback is very important for us, before giving any feedback below 5 stars,
let us know how we can make it 5 star
In line with current law if you are returning an item to us for a refund we will:
Refund the full value of the goods to you provided
you let us know within 14 days of receipt that you will be returning the goods.
It is, however, your responsibility and cost to return the
items to us including all original packaging and in a re-saleable condition.
All returns must be within 14 Days of receiving your item/s and must be unused,
unopened and in original boxing or packing.
All returns require will require a:
*Note stating the reason for return
*eBay user ID (This is what you use to log in with).
Without this, we cannot be held responsible for
any delay in processing your return.
Please also note that returning the item/s back to us, as well as any
postage costs incurred, is the responsibility of the buyer
All items being returned for a refund will be subject to inspection.
If the item being returned has been installed, damaged
or the original packaging is damaged
or marked and is not in resalable condition
(i.e. torn, broken, written on, greasy fingerprints, etc.) no refund will be issued
There is no return on electrical unless the parcel is unopened.
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!