Small in size, this 4 hp has an internal fuel tank built into the motor and a front located fuel tank cap for hassle-free outings on the water. And it includes a built-in external fuel tank connector so you can hook up an external fuel tank for longer outings. Let this Tohatsu 4 hp outboard provide you with the perfect compact, fuel-efficient power you need!
Tohatsu 4 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
- Newly designed holding grip and larger carrying handle
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Aluminum propeller
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||4 hp (2.9 kw)|
|Displacement||123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward – Neutral – Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6″ – 9″|
|Transom Height||15″, 20″|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||15 fl. oz. (450 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||0.3 US Gal. (1.15 Lit) Integral Tank (4hp includes an External Fuel Tank Connector installed on engine to allow user to use an optional external fuel tank)|
|Weight*||57 lbs. (26 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A|
|Max. RPM Range||4,500 – 5,500|
|Digital CD Ignition System||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Shallow Water Drive||Standard|
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!