Our first priority when developing these 8 hp engines was to make them lightweight and compact without compromising reliability or the quality performance associated with the Tohatsu brand name.
We have maintained the durable standard features that Tohatsu owners appreciate while making fuel-efficient 4-strokes that are easy to transport.
These 8hp outboards are compact 2-cylinder, SOHC engines that have been manufactured to comply with all US EPA & CARB 3-star rating emission regulations.
Tohatsu 8 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Designed with proven technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Trim tab reduces steering effort, functioning also as the sacrificial anode that protects the engine from electrolysis
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions*
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Engine (No. of Cylinder) 2 Output 8 hp (5.9 kw) Displacement 209 cc (12.8 cu.in.) Bore x Stroke 55 x 44 mm (2.17 x 1.73 in) Starting Electric or Manual Control Type Remote Control Gear Shift Forward – Neutral – Reverse Gear Ratio 2.08:1 Propeller Selection Range 6.5″ – 9.5″ Transom Height 15″, 20″ Fuel Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) Oil Type NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ) Oil Capacity 27 fl. oz. (800 mL) Fuel Tank 3.1 US Gal. (12 Lit) Separate Fuel Tank Weight* 81.5 lbs. (37 kg) Alternator Output Optional: 12V, 80W, 6A (Standard on Electric Start Models) Max. RPM Range 5,000 – 6,000 Digital CD Ignition System Standard Start In Gear Protection Standard Thermostat Controlled Cooling System Standard Through-The-Prop Exhaust Standard Oil Pressure Warning Standard Shallow Water Drive Standard
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!