Torqeedo 8hp Cruise 4.0 FP
The new Cruise pod motors with fixed pod installation now offer sailors and motor-boat enthusiasts pod drives with Torqeedo technology, and of course with a TorqTrac interface supplying all essential motor data.
Fitted inconspicuously below water, the pod drives save space and are both lightweight and powerful. The pod models deliver powerful thrust equivalent to 5 or 8 HP, and, with an optional folding propeller, are the long-awaited choice of motor for many sailboat owners.
Cruise 4.0 FP Benefits:
- Space-saving, powerful, lightweight
- Plenty of range due to the highest efficiency
- Safe, thanks to the emergency magnetic kill switch
- We recommend the Cruise 2.0 / 4.0 for sailboats up to to 4 tons
- Operates with lithium or AGM/lead-gel batteries
- All models with GPS onboard computer and display: Real-time display of speed and input power – and also the exact battery status and remaining range when used in combination with the Power 26-104 lithium battery
- Very robust design – protected from corrosion, saltwater-capable, and completely waterproof (IP67)
- Alternative: 2 x 12 V / 200 Ah AGM Batteries
Cruise 4.0 FP with 2 × Power 26-104
Alternatively with 4 lead batteries
|Speed in knots (km/h)*||Range in nm (km)*||Running time in hours:|
|Slow||2.7 (5.0)||26.1 (48.3)||09:40|
|Full throttle||6.0 (11.0)||7.5 (13.9)||01:15|
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
- Parts No: 1251-00
- EAN: 4260113694114
- Remote throttle, integrated onboard computer with GPS-based range calculation, 25 mm² cable set (3 m) including fuse and main switch, with weedless propeller 1916-00
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial useWarranty:2 years for non-commercial use