- Ethernet port – for configuration and diagnostics (sharing NMEA 0183 data will be available in a future update)
- 6 OPTO-Isolated NMEA 0183 inputs (including the serial port)
- 3 ISO-Drive NMEA 0183 outputs (including serial port)
- Advanced Data Filtering/Routing
- Configurable Input and output baud rates
- Autoswitch mode available to offer system redundancy
- Serial port – for configuration, diagnostics or as an additional NMEA 0183 input/output.
- Free firmware updates make the device future-proof
- Power LED to indicate operational state
- Rx LED to indicate data on inputs
- Status LED (bi-colour) to indicate output Data Overload or a range of other states
- DIN rail or Panel mountable
- Pluggable screw terminal connectors for quick and easy installation
The configuration tool is accessible via any popular web browser (using the Ethernet port) so there are no PC operating system compatibility issues to contend with. Using the web based configuration tool will allow the user to finely tune the exact data available on each output. The default setup is for all data to go to all outputs.
Industry leading isolation is provided on all inputs and outputs as standard, so that connected devices safely avoid hazardous ground loops, the number one cause of product failure in NMEA 0183 networks. This makes the NDC-5 robust enough to handle any NMEA 0183 installation.
Pluggable connectors allow new devices to be easily installed without the need to remove the NDC-5 from its mounted location. A professional DIN rail mounting mechanism keeps the NDC-5 secure in high vibration environments. Helpful LEDs indicate power, data in, and status conditions to aid diagnostics.