- Everything you need to build a Simrad autopilot system
- Ideal for outboard and I/O boats up to 10 metres (35 feet)
- Easy setup with automatic tuning and compass calibration
- Virtual Rudder Feedback eliminates the need to install a mechanical rudder feedback unit
- Includes the AP44 autopilot controller with optically bonded 4.1-inch colour display and intuitive controls
- Automated turn patterns for fuel-efficient, hands-free manoeuvres
- No Drift steering holds your course against wind and tide (with optional GPS receiver)
- Depth contour tracking makes it easy to fish ledges and drop-offs (with optional depth transducer)
- Includes the RPU-80 reversible hydraulic pump (for cylinder displacement of 80-250 cm3)
- Includes the NAC-2 autopilot computer
- Includes the Precision-9 solid-state compass for accurate heading data that ™s automatically fine-tuned as you travel
- Includes all required NMEA 2000 ® network connectors and cables
Complete Medium-Capacity System Pack
This complete pack includes everything you need to build a Simrad autopilot system for hydraulic-steered outboard and sterndrive (I/O) boats up to 10 metres (35 feet). The RPU-80 reversible hydraulic pump handles cylinder displacement of 80-250 cm3, and is driven by the NAC-2 autopilot computer. This pack also includes the Simrad Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all cabling and connectors required to build an NMEA 2000 ® network backbone or connect your autopilot system to an existing NMEA 2000 ® network.
Easy Installation and Setup
Autopilot installation and commissioning doesn ™t have to be difficult or time consuming. The AP44 offers automatic tuning to ensure optimal auto-steering performance, with a simple on-screen commissioning process including dockside configuration and sea trial. Automatic compass calibration improves heading accuracy as you travel, using data gathered by the Simrad Precision-9 ™s internal array of solid-state sensors.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback (VRF) technology eliminates the need to install a mechanical rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats. VRF technology greatly simplifies autopilot installation while delivering uncompromising Simrad Continuum steering performance.
AP44 Autopilot Controller
The AP44 Autopilot Controller features a full colour display, intuitive rotary dial and button controls, and modern glass helm styling. Free your hands from the wheel, cruise in comfort, and discover new ways to search for fish; this dedicated controller offers easy access to automated turn patterns, No Drift steering, depth contour tracking, and other advanced pilot features. Connect your chartplotter to add waypoint and route navigation, and enjoy full autopilot control from compatible Simrad displays.
Automated Turn Patterns
Your Simrad autopilot can do much more than keep you on course. The AP44 gives you easy access to a range of built-in turn patterns designed to assist with fishing, diving, or just making a quick and efficient U-turn. Choose a turn, select port or starboard, and you ™re away. For more control, customise your turn pattern to execute complex spirals, zigzags, and other useful manoeuvres.
No Drift Steering
No Drift mode integrates GPS navigation with auto-steering, using your position to counteract the effects of wind and tide. This lets you maintain a straight track over ground on your curren
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!