Tohatsu 225hp Outboard Engine BFT225A XA
The 225 hp large displacement 3.5 liter V6, our second highest horsepower four stroke, comes equipped with the Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control system. This provides power where and when you need it, giving you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel efficiency. Also equipped with Optimized Fuel Injection which delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder.
The heavy duty 5” diameter gear case was built to withstand extreme conditions, giving you the peace of mind on the water every boater is looking for. Equipped with non-linear rubber mounts which provide less vibration at all engine speeds, the BFT 225 hp four stroke outboard has the power, has the reliability and even has the comfort, making it the perfect 225hp outboard for you to own.
Tohatsu 225 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- High output alternator that produces 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps
- Large Displacement 3.5 Litre V6
- Available in 20” & 25” shaft lengths. Standard and Counter rotation
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Painted interior cooling passages for extra protection against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Dual Stage Induction for improved performance
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Maximum Acceleration System helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- Variable valve timing and lift control
- 3-Way Cooling System to help protect against overheating
- Heavy duty 5” diameter gear case built to withstand extreme conditions
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Optimized Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Low battery voltage warning
- Water in fuel warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!