Looking for super power? Our largest, highest horsepower four stroke outboard, the BFT 250 hp, brings a large displacement 3.5 liter V6. This narrow v6 design offers top performance and durability, as well as great fuel economy. The high output alternator provides a 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps.
Reliability and durability are covered with the 250hp engine’s painted interior cooling passages, providing extra protection against corrosion. Another feature of the 250hp four stroke is the Electronic Control Module. This allows engine data to be interfaced with on-board system displays, such as SONAR or GPS. The BFT 250 hp has another industry-first; separate dual air circuits. This system provides cooler, denser air for better combustion as compared to conventional under-cowl induction systems. Cooler air for your motor, means more horsepower for you!
Tohatsu 250 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- High output alternator that produces 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps
- Large Displacement 3.5 Litre V6
- Available in 20”, 25″ & 30” shaft lengths. Standard and Counter rotation
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Dual Stage Induction for improved performance
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Maximum Acceleration System helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- Variable valve timing and lift control
- 3-Way Cooling System to help protect against overheating
- Heavy duty 5” diameter gear case built to withstand extreme conditions
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Optimized Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Separate dual air intake cowling design to help keep your engine’s critical components cool
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Low battery voltage warning
- Water in fuel warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!