Torqeedo 8hp Cruise 4.0 RS (1232-00) and Cruise 4.0 RS (1233-00)
The new models of the Cruise 4.0 have been improved to meet the demanding challenges of everyday commercial use; making them ready to take on the harshest environmental conditions, for example with dinghies and sailboats up to 4 tons.
This makes the Cruise even more rugged in the event that it runs aground and even better protected against corrosion when used extensively in salt water.
The Cruise 4.0 is comparable to a 8 HP petrol outboard and can be easily mounted on your boat with a couple of tools, regardless of whether the remote or tiller version.
A power supply from at least two lithium batteries (Power 26-104) or with lead batteries (lead-gel or AGM) must be provided for operation.
Cruise 4.0 R – Benefits:
- High-efficiency outboard with 4,000 W input power, equivalent to a 8 HP petrol outboard.
- All Cruise models are suitable for inflatables and other small boats.
- We recommend the Cruise 4.0 for dinghies and sailboats up to to 4 tons.
- Remote steering connector option, comes with remote throttle.
- Rugged aluminium pylon with reinforced fin – extra robust even when running aground
- Shaft sealant rings mounted in protected area on the inside of the pylons
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminium (AlMgSi1), hard-anodized for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Lubricant-free polymer plain bearings protect against damage from fishing lines or debris and provide improved mechanical support for propeller shaft – wear-resistant and maintenance-free.
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties.
- Aluminium fin coated in polyurethane foam provides additional protection from impacts
- Everything is waterproof to IP67.
Cruise 4.0 with 2 x Power 26-104
Alternative: 4 x 12 V / 200 Ah AGM Batteries
|Speed in knots (km/h)*||Range in sm (km)*||Running time in hours:|
|Slow||2.7 (5.0)||29 (54)||10:45|
|Full throttle||7.0 (13)||8 (15)||01:10|
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Cruise’s onboard computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor’s consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
- Parts No: 1232-00
- EAN: 4260113693285
Integrated on-board computer with GPS and display, fuse and main switch, emergency magnetic stop, 25 mm2cable set (3m), battery cable bridge for lead batteries, tiller control (Cruise T models)Warranty:2 years for non-commercial use
*12 months 0% finance - 50% deposit, pay the rest over 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!
*Next day Insured mail order service - We were the first to offer it, and we're still the best!
*Part exchange OUTBOARD SCRAPPAGE scheme - for your old outboard (any age, any condition, the same HP as advertised)
*Outboard fitting service - We offer the best, most concise outboard fitting service in the UK, if you're proud of your boat, then come to us!!!