The world’s most popular hydraulic boat steering helm (HH52173) offers smooth, efficient no feedback steering for inboard and outboard applications.
- Most Hydraulic Steering applications for inboard/sterndrive/outboard boats up to 50ft.
- Single outboard engine boats that travel up to 55MPH, for boats over 55MPH see SeaStar PRO Steering.
- Capable to be used in multiple stations.
- Stainless Steel Shaft
- Improved Front shaft dust over
- Compact helm
- Standard 3/4″ tapered steering shaft
- Accepts wheels up to 28″
- Small 3.0″ Hole cutout in dash
- Front Mount Installation
- 1.7 cubic inches
- 1000 PSI Relief Valve Settings
What Comes In The Box:
- HH5217-3 Helm Pump
- Mounting Hardware
- HF6004 Fitting Kit 2x ORB-5 90° Re-Positionable elbow fittings
SeaStar HH5217-3 Dimensions:
- Do NOT use teflon or loctite on the fittings.
- Do NOT try to install NPT fittings into helm pump as it may cause damage to the threads.
- The fluid cap must be in the uppermost position at ALL times.
- NEVER use brake fluid, only SeaStar Steering fluid or Mil Spec H5606 Fluid.
- The helm pump is packaged with re-positionable o-ring hose fittings (ORB).
- If a 20° mounting wedge is used, cut out dash as per mounting wedge template and mount helm directly to the 20° wedge.
- The helm may be mounted with the helm shaft horizontal, vertical, or any angle in between.
- Install the hose fittings before installing helm pump for ease of installation.